When looking at fantasy I usually think of swords and medieval things with a few twists like steam-punk swords or magic and so forth. I often like to incorporate modern things to it as it is a fantasy so I can usually let my imagination lead me to a certain extent. As my peers wanted something large scale I thought I would do a large tower/castle in a smaller environment to try show how big the tower/castle really is. When thinking of the tower I wanted to add a darkish theme like a necromancer lived there or something so I went to look at dark medieval towers When looking at the towers i discovered that most of them had a dark look like the image below.
So I thought for my tower I should add something that gives off a dark impression to my model like gargoyles or just dark textures like bricks that have fallen off with wildlife starting to grow inside.
I had a few ideas for my tower one of them was that it would consist of two towers connecting to each other while the other one of similar design with a front area where the necromancer would do their spells and so forth while at the back would be an entrance to the mountain it was going to be next to.
I decided to go with my first idea of two towers connecting with each other however I made some changes to it for example I have added some extra bits to the first tower which are extra rooms in the tower spiraling up. At the top of the tower is a crystal with other little crystals circling around it. I was also thinking about having a door or not as since this is a necromancer tower I was thinking maybe the necromancer would have other means of getting inside the tower to stop others from coming in. After thinking about this I would later remove the door. I would however keep the rest of the stuff.
After deciding all of that I did some studies of materials like bricks with vines growing from the inside or just vines overlapping the wall itself for reference, I would also design the top of the tower as you can see in the previous image of the tower the top was cut off. In the image below I was designing how the top would look and had different concepts I would decided that one tower top would be different to the other and also that the towers would be connected by a little bridge. I also wanted to have some crystals circling around the 2nd tower head however I felt it was unnecessary as having a huge crystal encased by the tower would give more impact and look more powerful for the necromancer tower.
Since I was also creating a 3D landscape I had to also design what the 3D landscape would be also on my survey I did people chose they wanted one as well instead of just a model so I went on to design that, what I was thinking is that the tower could be on top of a lake inside a crater which would be quite nice but also I thought that I could maybe have the tower on the side of the mountain and if that were to happen I could have an entrance to that mountain which would make the model a bit better as it would interact with the environment it was in.
No comments:
Post a Comment