I had to add a terrain which was 50x50 patches.
How it looks right now.
When importing my model and textures to UDK I had to open up the content brower then at the bottom I imported both files and saved my packages for later use. Placing my tower into the level is simple, after I imported it I simple had to just drag and drop it to the level.
For the texture on the terrain I simply had to do the same thing I did with the UV texture but with another texture. These two textures below are the textures I used.
This material is the dirt material for the ground, I went with dirt as I was planning for the outside to be natural but with dead grass as the area is dieing around the tower.
This is the dead grass material I was talking about, It is to show the area around the tower is dieing as it is owned by a necromancer, a mage of death.
To add texture to terrain you open up Terrain Editor and in the area big area below which are layers you right click and select new terrain setup layer and select the layer you want, I selected the dirt one first which covered the whole terrain with dirt.
I then added the dead grass material which I then select and painted over the dirt material.
To create the water effect I went to content brower and at the top it says actor classes I went to that and then chose the fluidsurface actor, I created a surface on the UDK map and moved it to where I wanted after that I applied a pre-made water material to the surface and it created the water.
This is the end product I produced for the level, Felt like I could of added more things to it or made the level bigger as a whole and added more textures and so on.
.png)


.png)



.png)


.png)
.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment